Thursday, July 17, 2014

My First Review: 4 out of 5 stars

Nothing I say can accurately express the anxiety I have felt about obtaining reviews. Though I have seeked them, primarily from other bloggers, I have a sudden rush of fear every time I get close to asking. I think this is normal for auhors. Part of me is terrified that, the thing I am most passionate about and have given my life to (writing), will be a complete failure, with either no readers or terrible reviews. Or worse, both. *Shudders*

So when I saw my first review ever posted on Goodreads yesterday..... well, needless to say, I was nervous.

Here's what Robin Hartloff had to say:


"I quite enjoyed Lokte, it was a thrilling new idea that kept me interested all the way to the very last page. I went into this book thinking it was just going to be another 3 star read that bored me to death, but it didn't. I thought the characters were fresh and relateable, not too faky and filled with drama. I also enjoyed the writing style, not too fast paced but also descriptive enough to give the reader a sense of the story not being rushed. Overall I really liked this book and hope to read something new from this author again soon!"



The last sentence stopped me in my tracks. A complete stranger who read my book says that they hope to read something new from me soon?

I was ecstatic. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Someone, besides my family and friends, liked my novel! It was a stunning, incredible experience. And it gave me the confidence boost I needed to decide I was going to send more pre-copies to reviewers.

A small step, I know. But things are looking up. I just can't wait until the book is actually released so I can see what others say about it :)
 

 Sorry, I know this post was short. I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys! On another note, I just did another author interview with Judy Goodwin. Judy Goodwin is an author as well, publishing primarily fantasy. You can check out the interview here: https://judygoodwin.wordpress.com/

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you guys have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment