Monday, September 22, 2014

Author Interview iwth Eva Wallace, author of "The Secretary.... Taking the Proverbial"






1. Hello and welcome to my blog! To start off, what made you decide to take the plunge into the world of publishing?

Firstly, thank you for inviting me to post to your blog.
In a word Amazon, they’ve made it possible for anyone to put their thoughts out there on the web, whether you agree with those thoughts or not.

2. Tell me about your book.

Its romantic comedy but not as we know it!

An office based romantic comedy with Emma and David being the main characters that have a few secrets and a taste for coffee shops. I’m British so my humour is sometimes crude, sometimes just funny but definitely British. Although I have American fans that like British humour.


3. Who/what inspired you to write?

I changed roles with my current employer and the move wasn’t good. Bullying on an epic scale. Moving jobs isn’t so easy when there are few of them about. So after a particularly bad day at work I got home and watched a programme on TV about a guy who started writing and then self-published on Amazon. He was making a living at it. Now someone else writing and making a living at it is not you writing and making a living at it, so I thought back to my school days when I had to write a story and then the rest of the class would grade me on it. I did quite well so I thought I’d give it a go.
Even if I don’t make a living at it I still enjoy it and the pleasure it gives others.


4. Do you have a favorite author?

Difficult one this, because I don’t read romance I only participate in it.
I used to own a hair salon so I was always reading business books to try and get ahead; economics isn’t that boring when the world finances are in turmoil!

5. If you could accomplish one thing with your books, what would it be?

To make people laugh.


6. What do you do when you're not writing?

I work full time until I can earn enough or get a publishing contract with my writing. In my spare time I ride motorcycles, go for walks in the Peak district national park and play a little golf (badly) although to be fair it’s a nice walk!


7. Can we expect more books from you soon?


The second in the series I’m hoping to have out around Christmas.


Off-beat Questions


1. Your book is about an office romance. Ever had an office romance yourself?

Yes several, I have fond memories of them all and with each new romance you discover a bit more about yourself and others. 


2. Your book looks light-hearted; comedic, almost. Will you tell us a funny thing that has happened to you?

Right then this is embarrassing but here goes; We were in Rome and had just had a lovely meal in a beautiful Italian restaurant. I had ordered the Pollo Carbonara which those of you who know Italian food will know it is a rather creamy dish. To cut a long story short our walk back to the hotel was about half an hour and it was probably 10mins into the walk when my stomach began to grumble. 

Now I thought it was going to be a fart. 

I was wrong, and what followed was a reminder to us all, that too much creamy food can and does have consequences.





Author Bio.


I’ve worked in various occupations from offices to a hair salon, I’ve even worked abroad.
I work full time but hopefully at some point I would like to be able to write for a living as I enjoy it so much.
My hobbies are walking in the peak district national park, riding motorcycles (It’s good to scare yourself) and occasionally golf, which is just an excuse to go walking really.

No comments:

Post a Comment