Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Prequel to Lokte!

Hey guys! I made a spur of the moment decision a week ago. After so anxiously awaiting the release of my debut novel, Lokte, I decided I wanted to write a prequel.

Knowing this, I set aside my other project and went to working on it straight away. I finished the first draft yesterday. It's a short prequel; only twenty-five pages prior to editing. But I have to admit, it was a lot of fun to write. I think it will be a great addition to help deepen the story of Lokte. It focuses on one of the book's secondary characters, Sophia, delving into her history of dealing with demons. It will be fun to see what this does for the story. Plus, it's gonna be free on Amazon. Can't go wrong with free fiction!

Now to decide whether or not Lokte needs a sequel. I have a sequel in mind, but deciding whether I want to write it or not is a tough one. I enjoyed writing Lokte, and I'm sure I would equally enjoy writing a sequel to it; but then, I feel as if the book should almost be a stand-alone. Hmm. Decisions, decisions. I suppose I will let my readers help me with that one.

At any rate, the prequel should be published sometime next week, once I get it edited and finalize the title. My first published work. I'm getting chills already.

I will soon share the Prologue to Lokte here on my blog, with links on my social media sites. Until then, forgive me for this post being so short. I just thought I would add a quick update to how things are going here in my crazy writing world.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment