1. Hello and welcome to my blog! To start off, what made you take the plunge into the world of publishing?
While I’ve always written since the time I was 8, writing was never my dream. My first love has always been acting, which I studied in high school and college. Writing was just something that was always around; something I liked to do but never took seriously. It wasn’t until I got laid off from a job I held for about 6 years that I came across an article about publishing for the Kindle and decided to give it a shot.
2. Tell me about your book.
My latest novel is called PORN AGAIN, a humorous take on the years I spent working in adult retail. The one question I was always asked was ‘What’s it like working in a sex store?’ I always responded that I could either make a movie or write a book about what happened inside the store. You say that long enough, and soon enough a light bulb goes off. That wouldn’t happen for at least a few years though. The book tells the story of a conservative, Christian guy who’s married with a dull sex life. At the height of the Recession, he loses his job and comes home to find his wife in bed with another man. Running out of options, he follows his lecherous brother to New Orleans where he becomes the manager of a sex store. Hijinks ensue.
3. You seem to write in multiple genres. Is there a particular genre you prefer writing the most?
At present, I don’t have a favorite. Considering this is something I never wanted to do, I’m still working on my craft, refining my voice and just experimenting with getting all the dreams in my head on paper.
4. What/who, if anything, inspired you to write?
I’ve always been inspired by great authors from Stephen King to Langston Hughes and Ernest Hemingway. With a background in playwriting and screenwriting as well, I’ve also been inspired by the likes of August Wilson, Arthur Miller, Scott Frank, Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino.
5. If you could accomplish one thing with your writing, what would it be?
The ultimate goal would be to be a best-selling author while also being a working screenwriter and having another stageplay produced.
6. What do you do when you're not writing?
Reading and studying films.
7. Can we expect more books from you any time soon?
Absolutely. My next novel is called TAINTED BLOOD, which is a unique take on vampires. Look for that soon.
1. I see you've used New Orleans as a setting for more than one of your works. Have you been there before? What would you say was your best experience there?
I was actually born and raised in New Orleans, so this city is virtually in my blood. New Orleans is one of the most unique cities in the world; there’s just no other place like it. Everything from the history, architecture and the food of course is amazing. Add in the fact that the city has given the world amazing literary talents from Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams to Anne Rice and Elmore Leonard and it’s nothing short of inspiring.
2. I see you've written a zombie novel. Do you have your own zombie survival plan?
· Read books and vote; the biggest precursor to the apocalypse is ignorance
· Don’t go to Florida
· Stay off of Facebook
· Stay away from anyone named Bush, O’Reilly, Coulter or Kardashian
· Stay as physically fit as possible
PORN AGAIN LINKS: